Home of The Parachute Regiment & 16 Air Assault Brigade
    Real Name
    Gil Boyd
    Local Date
    04-25-2024
    Local Time
    09:03 AM

1917 FILM

A good friend of mine Paul Biddiss ex Parachute Regiment is now heavily involved in delivering Military tactics/dress and weapons drill to the film industry. Its about time the industry took sound advice from such people, and Paul has already got Monuments Men/Fury/War & Peace/Dunkirk/Spectre and others under his belt, which I am sure you will agree he has done a fantastic job on and delivered, siting Fury about Sherman tank crews in WW2 as one of his hardest to date.

His latest film for Sam Mendes is 1917 surrounds the height of the First World War, two young Britishicon soldiers, Schofield (Captain Fantastic’s George MacKay) and Blake (Game of Thrones’ Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission.
    In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers— Blake’s own brother among them.
    1917 also features Mark Strong, Andrew Scott, Richard Madden, Claire Duburcq, with Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch, so a great line up.

I have attached a link which I hope works world wide. If not keep an eye out for this well made film about an incident in WW1!!
    Gil

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to Gil Boyd For This Useful Post: