Last week I bought Rossi 92 in .357 Mag/.38 Spc with a 20" barrel, but it was a difficult decision. A few weeks ago Croatian Hunting Association got to their store hundreds of rifles, mainly from police seizure and for a very good price.
Among other guns, there was a dozen of Rossi 92, a dozen of Winchester 94 and half a dozen Marlin 336.
The Winchester 94 and Marlin were all in 30-30 cal. except one Winchester in .44 Magnum.
All Rossi 92 were .38 Spc/.357 Mag.
I was there in their store a few days in a row, compared, studied... like a kid in a candy store
They were all in very good condition, and the price was the same for all, about $370.
I know the Winchester is better made and more expensive, but I already have 357/38 reloading kit, and here the cheapest round of 30-30 Winchester is about $1.50, and I'm not a hunter.So I finally decided to take Rossi 92. The rifle is in very good condition, a little bit stiff, but it shoot well.
I slicked it up with the help of some YouTube videos, and now it's a sweet little carbine
By the way, I also bought Zastava M70 in 8x57. It was cheap, about $150.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.