Drug my 1930 produced izvhesk 91/30 out today. 4 digit serial number. the gap under the rear sight makes it indeed a dragoon cut down/dragoon parts rifle.

When I got it in 2008 I cleaned it up, took it out and put 3 or 4 magazines through it with the 20 meter/yard distance to target with rear sight ladder set to 200.

at that range could barely keep all rounds on a paper plate with surplus 1954 light ball I believe. will have to weigh a pulled bullet from that package of ammunition tonight.

This morning got it out, and used some wolf gold 174 gr jsp I bought in 2008. at distance of about 25 yards with sight set to 200, sitting on the ground, sling under support elbow between elbow and thigh.. fired 2 magazines. one did a large 5-6 inch-ish group and second group of 1"x2"

used the bayonet with second magazine. shot on same target as I needed the other side set up for a quick test of bunny loads in a different rifle. should have used 1 target for each magazine.

Cleaning is a real pain. barrel is like fuzzy coffee grounds down it. and lack of a proper length rod is really driving me nuts.

Any recommendations on better methods of checking the accuracy?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.