Stopped by a local pawn shop yesterday to see what they had, hadn't been there in quite some time. Not much to choose from except a couple of Mosin 91's....or so I thought.

Asked to see one that looked a bit different, turned out to be a Finn M27, dated 1931. Bluing pretty much gone on receiver with light rust freckling here & there. Non-matching parts and cleaning rod missing, but front & rear sights intact Overall finish on stock and metal looked tired but original.

Biggest problem was the bore. Did not have a proper bore light with me but it was so dark that I could not detect any rifling. Could see light looking through it but either grease, crud or rust was all inside the barrel making it too dark to properly inspect. My only clue was looking down the muzzle, it was all brown and to my dismay, it appeared to be light rust.

He was asking $495 for it, but when I showed more interest in it, he said I could have it for $200 OTD! Was very tempted but that bore concerned me (don't need a non-shootable wall-hanger!) Asked if I could return next week with a better light and perhaps a bore-snake to pull through it, and he said sure. So now my question is; what is the value of a Finn M27 like this? Is it worth $200 even with a crappy bore, non-matching parts & cleaning rod missing?

Appreciate any & all comments! Thanks, --728shooter
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.