Last On
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    04-23-2024
    Local Time
    06:24 PM
    Numbers rising in big jumps now as to numbers of deaths but this is supposed to be because of the timeline of the infections and is supposed to peak and decrease in a matter of days.

Went on my Walmart run this morning. They are required to limit the number of people in the store at any one time. I was 116 out of an allowed 1200 so nowhere near max. Margarine was all gone. Butter was low. Eggs were plentiful but more expensive. Meat was low. Most crackers, canned goods, boxed items were plentiful except for the specific types my wife sent me to get. Several of those were gone. I guess we like popular foods. They did not stock the new movies for the week which is the reason I picked Tuesday as shopping day. Not happy about that as it will require a second trip or we'll just wait till next Tuesday. They had the racks ready, just no movies. What aggravated me was that even though we are to be wearing masks now, only about a quarter of the people were, including the employees. Also saw a construction company working on non-emergency work on a house with three trucks present meaning multiple employees. This is not allowed at present and hasn't been for three weeks. Neighbors grandson (teen) was also visiting his 65+ grandparents. So a large percentage still are not taking this seriously.

NY still leads the country by a wide margin in total cases and deaths. As a comparison, NY has 138,863 cases to PA's 14,559 and NY has 5489 deaths to 240 in PA. NY is #4 in population with 19,453,561 people and PA is #5 with 12,801,989 and we are neighboring states so neither location nor population alone accounts for the massive differences. NY waited too long to act and acted poorly when they finally did.

2. Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: