Had a old timer bring this in for me to look at, he had it wrapped up in a old pair of jeans, sat around his house for over 20 years, prior to that his uncle was the original owner, a WWII Vet and it was passed down to him, the shotgun was in rough shape from years of neglect, needs a few parts but I was able to source what I was looking for, he was going to have me fix it, but him knowing my appreciation for US military arms he offered to sell it to me instead, which I was very appreciative.

The shotgun has gone one through one rebuild at some point with a RA P cartouche on the bottom of the grip, numbers are not matching on any of the parts, but surprisingly they were about 40 numbers off, so I assume a bunch of them showed up for rebuild that were all serialized close. I broke the shotgun down completely yesterday and soaked all the parts in kerosene overnight and worked on it this morning cleaning it up and getting it back together while I wait for a couple of parts to complete it, needed a buttplate, settled on a repro until a original comes up, also needed the ejector and screw as well as the extractors looked worn and a front sight bead, overall I really like the shotgun and it's design.I am assuming this is a riot configuration and not a trench gun since the stock doesn't have the sling swivel, any information would be appreciated. Here are a few pictures I took after cleaning.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.