New to this forum. Lots of good information here. Thanks.
I purchased a Mark 1 for my son for his birthday in February and have been obsessed with it since. Defiantly my favorite gun ever and it's not mine! It was somewhat molested over the last 100 or so years and I've tried to make it what it was. The guy I bought it from said it was a good shooter, clean and only had a few minor changes. Well we put a box of 20 through it one weekend after a good cleaning. This one is as much fun as the 30-40 I inherited from my grandfather back in the early 90's. The serial number matches the date stamp on the barrel of 2/19. The bolt does not and I'm looking for a J5 incase any of you have one for sale. Someone put a side mount sight on at some time and it appears to have been a Jaeger with 3 1/8 spacing between the mounting holes, if someone has an undrilled Jaeger side mount that's at least 3 1/4 total width I'd be interested. There are some markings I was hoping you experts could help with. On the barrel under the rear sight a "W" is engraved in the top and bottom. There are several stamps on the bottom of the receiver opposite of the serial number on top. T, 3, R, C, at least that's what my old eyes see. I've bought the correct trigger sear for the Mark 1 and a few other items such as headspace gauges. Have to say from what I've seen the gauge should be removed with a magnet but both bolts I have I need a wooden dowl and small hammer down the barrel to unseat the go gauge. Is this normal? With the no go I cannot close the bolt. Both are with the extractor removed. Also looking for a dated 1919 original usable sling. The stock was not ground around the Pederson ejection port as in pictures I've seen but was ground for the side mount. There is a "3" stamped on the stock at the forward triggerguard mount hole. Also a "O" stamped inside at the rear stock collar and 7246 stamped near the buttplate on the left side. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.