I won a PROXIBID auction for a 1948 Remington 521T (damaged in shipping but another unfolding story) that I needed to almost complete my collection of Remington 500 series rifles.

Upon inspection, I found stamps on the barrel, receiver, and bolt body that I have never run across on any Remington 500 series rifles, and I have looked at hundreds since I was a youngin'.

I'm making the assumption that these are Britishicon Proof Marks since there is a Crown with the letters BNP stamped below it on the receiver and bolt body and 22LG (dot) 610" *TONS PER [] (square stamp)

If these are British Proof Marks I have to wonder why, If it was for use with the military I would have thought the Remington 513T Miliraty variant would have been used over the 521T.

There is also a Braverman PGM, PA. stamped into the bottom of the barrel, I'm guessing that it for Braverman Arms Co. is its a company located in PA. But still trying to research this one.

Attachment 109514Attachment 109515Attachment 109516Attachment 109517Attachment 109518
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.