Good morning from NZ. I am a long time follower of the site but this is my very first post. I was recently fortunate in being able to acquire a Thompson M1928A1 (serial number S242544). The top of the receiver is marked with "Thompson trade mark" & "tommy gun" The left had side of the receiver is marked with US model of 1928 the Thompson sub-machine gun , cal .45 Automatic". The right had side is marked with patient numbers and the auto ordinance details. It has a cutts compensator fitted and came with some mags and, sling etc.

Being from NZ drum mags are not easily obtainable so I have obtained an import permit to import one from overseas.

I have managed to locate one in the UKicon. The seller has said that once the payment has been confirmed, they will reserve the item for me but that I will be responsible for organising any paperwork and pickup and delivery by a courier of my choice. they say that they have done this several times for New Zealandicon and other countries, and this is the easiest, and only way they can do this.

My question is has anyone done this and who do you use? I'm not sure how to go about this or who to ask. I don't really want to buy the mag and then find it a nightmare to ship to NZ

Regards
Aaron
NZ
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.