Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    01-25-2024 @ 11:55 PM
    Local Date
    03-29-2024
    Local Time
    01:48 AM
    Regardless of the history of the gun based on serial numbers, I have semi-good news, gentlemen. I received six locking shoulders. Of which some of them were marked enfield 66. All of them had numbers on them, but I don't care about the numbers, I care about the size. The aforementioned locking shoulder measured in at 0.816. My original locking shoulder came in at 0.811. After doing some more looking to make sure I was headspacing it correctly and a few tries I can safely say that the gun no longer closes on the 308 no-go gauge. It will close on the go-gauge if that wasn't implied well enough.

This is only semi-good news because I am in the midst of the glacial Wisconsin winter. We have more snow than I care to traverse to at present time, so I will update you all later with function testing. I have longer locking shoulders which might also work if I have to polish the chamber later. I have all the way up to about 0.829, but most of the others are around 0.821 in.

If anyone else wants to discuss history of the gun while waiting for an update, feel free. I know nothing of the gun other than it doesn't work and it has stamps that say enfield. I appreciate any and all information. If anyone has info on HA and whether they have a habit of stamping things to make it appear more official or whatever else may have happened, that would also be appreciated. If anyone knows where this formerly LMG may have been deployed that would be great to know.

2. Thank You to SleepyDoc For This Useful Post: