Decided last night that I need an East German helmet because it's somewhat unique in style. I'm aware they were farmed out to a few other countries and regions but for my purposes, I want to stick with East Germanyicon.

Would it be better in the long run to have a well used early example with WWII style liner, some exterior rust, a few dents, etc or a near mint later example with a plastic no rivet liner top and foam padding?

I'm leaning towards the early version even though they are considerably more than the later ones.

And yes, I could buy both or even the third version with the plastic with rivets liner but for now, just thinking the one would be enough.

On a side note, IMA has put their Finnishicon M55 helmets on sale for $49 at the moment, haven't seen them that low in a couple of years and no idea how long they will last at that price. I ordered one. Never bought on before because I didn't feel like spending $79 on one.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.