Hello,

I have what I think is a rather odd issue and would love some advice from the brains trust.

After much searching I recently purchased a nice No.4MkI. I took it out to the range for the first time. Started at 25 metres just to see where it was at. Was absolutely chuffed to find it put 10 rounds of PPU 180gr FMJ into a ragged 1x1.25 inch hole.

The only sour note was the group was about 2 inches left of my point of aim. So I figured the stock is probably warped, drifted the sight and kept shooting. Very happy with how it shoots.

I disassembled it once I got home to check for warping and this is where the strangeness starts. To my eyes the stock is not warped. The barrel is definitely in contact on the right side in the last quarter of the forend towards the muzzle. However the forend when removed appears straight.

The even stranger part is when the tension is off the boss screw on the trigger guard the barrel returns to dead centre of the channel.

This lead me to believe the issue lay in the draws. So I did the old talcum powder test expecting to see uneven contact here. But nope, even contact on the draws, and actually really good fit in the forend on all the horizontal surfaces.

So now I'm stumped. Forend fits snugly like a glove with everything centred up. But as soon as the trigger guard is tightened down at the boss screw the barrel shifts right and contacts the channel.

I am open to any and all suggestions.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.