Hi all,

I am after a direct transaction to English of a primary source detailing what procedures where followed to acuratise a 91/30 during WWII. I have no idea of such a primary source exists. I have tried Googling but either the steps are overly general or or they are not military wwii specific.

I have acquired a made up 91/30 pu. I appreciate I cannot give it a tighter tolerance barrel but I would like to at least give it period correct bedding and trigger. Currently bedding has a cork platform at the muzzle barrel band. And brass shims at the action screw on the upper side of the wood, but no shims on the lower side.

I have read that the triggers where ‘worked over’ which I assume means they improved the surfaces of the existing components rather than adding such things as offer travel screw ect.
I assume cork wouldn’t have been available for bedding but I have read oiled material was used. I assume this was to clamp the barrel at the rust barrel band?

My rifle has a few contact point between barrel and lower fore stock between the first barrel band and the noxform I assume (and have read) this isn’t ideal, what that the prevailing doctrine at the time.

Sorry if this is all already up here, I did look first because I assumed it would be, but I might be blind.

All the best, and thanks in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.