Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 04:57 PM
    Local Date
    04-23-2024
    Local Time
    10:26 PM

inspired by Madcap

Well. I've never owned a shotgun before. Only ever fired one in non-lethal weapons training...the day after they pepper sprayed us. I was in the back of the class and didn't hear them say take your contacts out first. My eyes were still on fire the next day shooting bean bags.

So, the shotgun gods smiled on me as I pursued my local sources and the online auctions. I not only landed a beautiful silky smooth and clean 1924 made model 12, 30inch full choke, but with only about 3% of it's finish left and very used wood...I also landed what looked like NOS (or at least very well maintained) 21 inch barrel with extension, marked CYL!. I'm thinking of refinishing it, keeping the original frontend, and making a separate trench gun clone front end for when it sits around the house not chasing turkeys or other foul.

But wait, there is more. An 1897 Winchester is on it's way - I think it's serial is in the 400k range? - with what seems to be only a broken barrel extension where the mag tube fits. I think I might do the same with it...eventually. My spreadsheet tells me when it's all said an done, I'll have ~900 in the model 12, and even a bit less in the 97, and if they end up worth half as much as the last few clone trench guns, or Norinco knock offs, went for on gunbroker...I may have the first year of one of the kids' college sitting in the safe ...provided their value keeps pace with the rampant inflation anyway.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by ssgross; 03-21-2022 at 08:24 PM.