Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    04-16-2024
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

Cartridges

Like a few members here I have always been interested in collecting cartridges & ordnance now that I have an I-phone 11 upgraded from my I-phone 4 I can get better pics.
    Thought I would just run through some random rounds probably start with some Nitro Express rounds of various vintages.
    I have always chased the N.E's as it was an era of firearms made for hunting dangerous game and game shooting predominantly in Africa but also Asia.

Users like Corbett, Bell, Keith, Taylor, Rauark, Capstick to name just a few of those that had hair raising experiences.
    Corbett stands out as a single minded person who hunted Tiger and Leopard man eaters some of his escapades are bordering on insanity to kill the beast.
    One leopard nearly had him this cat had over 400+ victims and another was a Tiger whom his 6th sense told him he was in peril.
    And in peril he was as he raised his head over the rear thorn bush he had placed for his back protection, he came face to face at a few feet the Tiger man eater just as she sprung at him.

Corbett fired un-aimed a shot which went through her ear, the tiger knocked him A over T with the rifle falling over the edge of the rock he was perched on.
    Thankfully the tiger bolted, she almost got him again but his 6th sense saved him this time and he killed her but boy read his stories they are way out on a limb.

Anyway that's why I try to collect them as I associate them with those long ago hunters who really relied on the knock down power of the N.E's to save the day.
    TIA

Cartridge ~ Kynoch N.E .500/.465 3 1/4" case 480 grn projectile MKVII 303 for scale.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg‎
Views:	261
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	127428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg‎
Views:	222
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	127429  

2. The Following 7 Members Say Thank You to CINDERS For This Useful Post: