Hello,
I recently purchased an 1898 Kragicon carbine. It not a “real” carbine; the S/N is 92xxx,with a 1902 rear sight. It has the 1903 front sight, rear swivel and front swiveled band. It had a faint 1898 on the cartouche and whoever owned it before me relieved some wood around the wrist and made it narrower. Bore is very good, slugged at .308”… I understand this is not a “collector” so I thought with a receiver sight and right load, it would make a good hunter in the mountains of Virginia.
I have an 1898 long rifle with a 1901 cartouche date but it slugged out at .310” so I use .311 Sierra 174 MK… Great, accurate soft shooter; won a 200yd ordnance match with it.
I have the usual suspect when it comes to compatible .30 caliber powders (except IMR-4350) medium/ medium slow and most bullets. I would consider bullet weight of 150gr -180gr range though I think I’m leaning towards 180gr. Are you having better luck neck or full length sizing? Do you set the overal length to factory specs or to magazine fit? If anyone would like to share any load data it would greatly appreciated. Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.