+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The Birds are out and about.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
    For some reason I am having a hard time uploading files

Looks like a Palestinian air farce Hawk to me Muffer.

Re earlier pics. Is that an RAAF Phantom? I don't ever recall seeing them in Oz or SVn. Plenty of USAF's though......, usually heading in a Northerly direction.....

Hope that you are well

Last On
    @
    I think that it is a Strikemaster, post 181.

Nah Pete, a Mirage. the missus and the dog needed a rest (both a bit on the heavy side.....but I'd never say that)
    How's your lot going?

Strikemaster. another shot shows Vampire wings....waiting for assembly, and another shot shows a couple of fuselages that I thought might have got a comment.

And down under on the other side of the Tasman Sea, the 4th Mosquito to be restored by Avspecs is about to fly.....

Just the thing for putting round holes in square heads.

Last On
    @
    GeeRam, do you happen to know if that Mosquito, post 185, is one of the ones built by the Standard Motor Company in Coventry, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying10uk View Post
    GeeRam, do you happen to know if that Mosquito, post 185, is one of the ones built by the Standard Motor Company in Coventry, please?
    No its not, its actually a de Haviland Australia built example, originally ordered as a FB.40, but during production it was changed to a T.43 trainer. Sold to the RNZAF in 1947 and served with them until 1955. It was the project that Glyn Powell acquired many years ago, which resulted in his solo mission to recreate all the molds to enable fuselage reconstruction of the Mosquito, which has resulted in 3 previous projects being returned to the air. After Glyn sadly passed away in 2019, his Mosquito project was acquired jointly by US collectors Rod Lewis & Charles Somers, who handed it over to Avspecs to finish to airworthy.
    Just the thing for putting round holes in square heads.

We've got Mossie #1 living down the road here in Virginia.

Bob
    "It is said, 'Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes.' "

Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion, The Fellowship of the Ring

Yep, Mirage....... Got that Muffer as soon as I looked at the tail. Mind you, I'm one of those to whom all planes look the same! I thought you'd smile about watching the US Phantoms flying low and heading North

All well here, well retired now and feeling no ill or after effects to the traumas of the past.

2024 Scone Airshow.

Last edited by muffett.2008; 03-25-2024 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast