I picked up a cool little Greener Cadet the other day. I saw it and I really wasn't in the market for a new firearm, but it was an oddball so i looked.

The money was right but what really drew me to it was the Greener name...and the fact it is chambered in 32-20. Greener is on my bucket list and even though this isn't the SxS I had envisioned, it fit the bill, even if it wouldn't shoot.

The (I assume) importer had it rechambered probably in the 50s and 32-20 is over-stamped on the top of the barrel. I lthrew together some mildly loaded 32-20 with cast bullets and even though the rifling mostly a thing of the past, it shoots and ejects fine, which is more than i expected.

The rifle seems to be all correct with the exception of the buttstock which looks to be a BSA.

This rifle was apparently used by cadets in Queensland because of the Q stamped into the receiver...and my understanding is the Australianicon Government only contracted with Greener for a 1908 purchase, with subsequent rifle primarily built and supplied by BSA and a few others.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.