Building a display of (some) hardware present during the 1 Aug 43 USAAF low level bombing attack on the oil refineries at Plo(i)esti, Romania. One display piece is a Frenchicon M26 Adrian helmet as worn by the Romanian AF Flak gunners (the later "Dutch" helmets were used by army units and seldom if ever by the AA crews, and then only in 1944).

I need the color of these helmets. I've checked dozens of websites, the Osprey book, and other sources and the only place color is mentioned is a Russianicon English-language site that claims they were black. AA troops' collar flashes were black, but b/w photos show helmets that do not appear to be black.

The Romanian army helmets during WW II were green, about the same color as the French helmets--and may have remained in the same color as delivered from French factories. However, Romanian air force (ARR) uniforms were light blue-gray, so there's logic their helmets were too. But this is conjecture.

Help!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.