After many practice cases I finally properly adjusted the forming die to take a 308 case and bring it down to 22 caliber without deforming the body. After 4 separate operations, then neck turning, my reformed cases will chamber with just a slight drag on the bolt.
I just finished 15 308 BR cases, now, I must fire-form so the shoulder is pushed forward to make the 40 degree shoulder.
I always wanted a wildcat cartridge, and I suppose I could of picked some other caliber that didn't use an obsolete case, but it is what it is.
I did call Neil Jones, the die maker out of PA and he suggested using Lapua 243 brass and LR Mag. primers. The only problem with that, it's not a CHeetah then! The original 22 CHeetah, Mark 1 used the BR case with the small rifle primer. My only thoughts on this is in order to save the BR cases I presently have, practice ammo will be made out of Lapua cases. This could be alot of fun comparing the two cases with the same loads and see how they differ.
I will post the results soon, as I am anxious to see what the velocity is with this cartridge.
Matt
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.