I posted another thread here about the ferrule screw on my field grade SA 1.58. I bought the gun to swap some of its HRA parts onto my HRA (with had SA parts), so I wasn't paying that much attention at the time I picked up it at the North Store --it was a target of opportunity after looking through the carbines.

Anyway, it has a 1-55 barrel and has the very dark park of the Greek guns, ME 1.5. Not a collector's piece by any means, but it looks like a very good shooter to me. It wasn't until I started taking it apart that I noticed the trigger guard is a lot different than my other shooter Garands. I googled early guards for pictures and it seems to be a 'cloverleaf,' but that doesn't mean much to me. Number is D28290-6-SA. Hammer says C46008-5 SA. Original, if worn, finish all around. The shroud over the sear and spring is cut away, unlike in my later TG. On what rifle would this be the correct part?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.