There seems to be no threads on the Comercial Soprters manufactured by BSA.

Now I'm not talking about the dispersal rifles, or military service rifles that were later converted as sporters. I'm talking about the made for comercial use, no government acceptance marks, sporting rifles.

I now have 2 in my collection.

First one I've had for several years now. It was, before bubba got it from what I can tell, a traget rifle. It's in the standard No1 MkIII configuration but as with all bubba sporters has lost many parts including the PH reciever sight. Barrel is flat crowned and dated '27.

Now my new one is a fair bit older. It's a Lee-Speed No2 sporter, but it to is not all original. The stock is original with the checkering and horn caps but the barrel has been replaced. It has a BSA factory comercial barrel without the express sights and marked by a gunsmith in manchester. The barrel has metford rifleing and is marked for cordite use, so I suspect this rifle has been around. Actual dateing is going to be a problem but I'll have to dig around to see waht I can find out about the inpsectors marks.

I guess I'll have to take a few photos
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.