Gentlemen, I am new to this site and have a few questions about a gun my father received recently. My father received a WWII Remington 03 A3 from his deceased brother in law. He was a full bird Colonel in the Army and a paratrooper. The gun looks in NEW condition right down to the sling. We know for a fact that my uncle never messed with the gun and told us it was issued to him during WWII. Anyway we were wondering what the value of this gun was. We took it to a gunsmith and he doesn't think the gun was ever fired. There are zero wear marks anywhere on the gun. The gun cleaning rods etc are not in the butt of the stock. I do not know why. Also on another note concerning the gun, the wood stock that normally extends up to a few inches from the end of the barrel is shorter than any I have seen. It is approximately 11.5 inches from the end of the barrel. I was told that Officers and paratroopers stocks were shorter????? Again I am almost positive my Uncle never had any work done on the gun including shortening of the stock. The serial number is: REMINGTON
MODEL 03-A3
Any info or approx. value would be greatly appreciated. My father is forwarding me pictures should you need them. The gun honestly looks like it was never even handled.

Thanks for your time,

Todd
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.