Hi all,

Me, my father-in-law and a friend went on a group buy for these four 1903 Springfields still in the cosmolineicon - originally from the CMPicon. I get the choice of the first two based on the deal. Can you help me choose which are the most correct, valuable, etc? Anything else you may know about them would be most appreciated. Thank you.

from top to bottom here are the candidates.

On top:

A Remington model 1903 serial # 32508xx. non-checkered buttplate. The bolt is marked underneath with a "1" . The bbl is "R A 9-42". The trigger is serrated and the stock is a straight "S" style without the handgrooves. The buttplate is non-checkered. I think this rifle may be all original. I am not sure about the bolt. The front top handguard has what I think are the "slash" marks typical with a british commonwealth lend-lease rifle.

Second from top:

A Springfield Armory Mark I. Serial # 11145xx. bbl is "S A 7-42" The buttplate looks to be a tight checkered "remington type." The scant style buttstock is stamped with the last four digits of the serial number. I think this is a typical "arsenal rebuild."

Third from top:

This one is a Remington model 1903. It is serial # 32406xx. The bbl is "R A 9-42". The buttstock is non-checkered. The bolt is marked R and 42. This also has the "slash" marks on the top front hand-guard that I think are related to Britishicon lend-lease rifles. I think this one may be the most "correct" of all of them. If not all correct. The receiver has a slight "patina" to the finish. Trigger is smooth and trigger guard appears to be of the milled type. The buttstock is stamped with the last four digits of the rifle's serial number. It also has a "5" and a circle P behind the trigger guard.

On the Bottom:

This is a Remington model 1903. It is serial # 33305xx. The bbl is a high standard "H S 8-44". Non-checkered butt-stock. Smooth trigger. Milled guard. Bolt is marked "NS" on top and has a "2" underneath. This also has the "slashes" that I think are for british lend lease rifles. This has the nicest original finish on the receiver of all of them. The buttstock is also stamped w/ the last four digits of the rifle's serial #. It also has an "x" in front of the magazine floorplate.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.