Alright, so according to a couple manuals and of course the recommendations here I used the .308" bullet for my k31 reloading. I'm using 150gr. winchester boat tails.
Today I went to the range to try a few out and upon loading the cartridge noticed that the bolt would not lock, this is normal for some hand loads, even if they are full length sized as these were. So I pushed harder and could not get the round chambered. I pulled the bolt back and the round came apart on me with the bullet stuck in the chamber. So I used a cleaning rod and pounded it out. I noticed that the bullet had scratched on it from trying to be forced in. So I tried another hand load and it also did not work. I then grabbed my friends k31 and it also had the same issue. I went home and slugged the bores of the rifles and they are .305".
I'm not sure what to do here. The other dimensions of the cartridge were all within spec. Measuring PP and GP11 the bullet sizes were .306" and .300" respectively. Any recommendations?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.