Had an acquaintance phone me today to inquire if I was interested in purchasing his deceased father's hunting rifle as it was redundant to his needs. When he came by later that afternoon, I had the good fortune to purchase a clean No.5 Mk.I Jungle Carbine for the righteous asking price of $225.00.It's a BE prefix series M/47C 1945 date with a minty bore and walnut stocks. All matching numbers and appears to be basically as it left the factory. Matter of fact when I disassembled the rifle, there were still wood shavings in the barrel channel lightening cuts. Handguard has been tightened up with a shim of yellowed paper removed from an ordnance manual under the barrel ring. Do not believe the rifle was ever disassembled in the past 50 years as the screws were almost frozen in place with dried grease. My friend told me remembered his father owning this rifle since he was a very little boy but never saw his father fire it. It just sat in closet. Stocks were very dry but are certain to improve with a bit of hand rubbed linseed oilicon. An evening's clean up effort resulted in quite a nice rifle.

Yep, there are still deals out there!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.