I went to the local gunshow this weekend looking for a new Ruger SP101 .22lr revolver. Of course I had to glance at all the Carbines. I found an IBM with a $750 hangtag on it. The darn thing looked original to me. So I offered the seller $650 for it. He countered at $700. So without tearing it down I said yes. I just had a good feeling about it. So I rushed home to tear it down and clean it. To my joy it all appears to be IBM !!! The stock, handguard, barrel, receiver, front sight, round bolt, slide, trigger housing, hammer, push button safety and mag release are all IBM marked. It has not been reparked. No import marks. I also got a mag and sling. There is also a crossed cannon cartouche on the stock (JLB). The bore is bright and shiny with super lands and grooves. It does not swallow a M1icon Carbine round to the brass either. There is only two bad things about this Carbine. The stock looks like it has a polymer finish on it. The other bad thing is the aperture sight is missing. I do not see any staking holding the sight on the receiver. Soooo........What can I do about the missing aperture ??? What do you think ???

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.