Hi everyone, I just signed up to ask some questions that I haven't been able to find any coherent or valuable answers, on the M1895 Chilean Mauser. Or I just need more reiterating on them.

Anyway, I've been looking into getting a Chilean Mauser recently, (along with possibly a M1917 American Enfield,) and I was first wondering what were the years that Mauser and Chileicon themselves, made them? Because if I'm not mistaken, Chile made them themselves, but I'm not sure on the years the 1895 Chilean design was made in either country. Or maybe I'm completely mistaken, and Mauser always made them for Chile?

Also, I was wondering if the saying that these rifles shoot flat out to 500 yards, is true? If so, that'a definite plus when comparing it to the M1917 I'm also looking into maybe purchasing, instead of the Chilean Mauser? (But I'll keep my M1917 questions saved for that part of the forum.) And not to forget, but this Chilean Mauser is indeed chambered in the famed/original 7mm "Spanish Hornet", so it's not re-chambered to 7.62 NATO.

And one last thing, if anyone has any pictures they could provide, or anything, on how to field strip the Chilean Mauser, that would be great too. I'd just like to know beforehand, if I do get this rifle, how to take the bolt apart and clean it? Or do I not have to clean/take the bolt apart to field strip it when cleaning?

Thanks for the replies

Roger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.