Threaded View

Last On
    03-14-2023 @ 08:30 PM
    Local Date
    05-24-2024
    Local Time
    10:40 AM

A couple of M1 Carbines

I'm new here, but frequent several other forums. You guys really seem to be into M1icon Carbines, so I figured I'd post some pics (sorry, not the best) of this Inland and Quality I picked-up within the last month. Both of these were priced at $550 at my local shop, but I actually traded in some handguns for them.

First up is a Quality Hardware Ser# 1634xxx with a light Arlington Ordnance import stamp on the bottom of the barrel. It has a Rock-ola stamped barrel. The trigger housing has a "W" stamp. It all so has a Korean sling, and just a little white paint on the stock. I noticed what looks like a "59" stamped in front of the trigger guard. Anyone know what that means?

Back in 88 or 89, I was in a local Woolworths Drug store. I remember seeing racks of M-1 Carbines listed for $139 each. I never bought one than, but I think this might have been one of those rifles.

This Carbine is a little more interesting. This is an Inland ser# 5188xxx with a 5-44 marked inland barrel and Inland marked trigger housing. What makes it interesting is who use to own it. It belonged to a Chick Iverson III who past away in 1998. Chick Iverson was a very close friend with John Wayne. So much so, he's even buried next to him. Chick's daughter who inherited several guns, brought a few to my local shop to sell. I own 4 of the guns she sold. I can't prove it, but there's a good chance "The Duke" may have handled or even fired this rifle.

This rifle has no import marks. So I was wondering, what is the history of M1 Carbines in the US? I'm sure there where bring backs, but when did the DCM start selling these rilfes to the public? I'm assuming any rifle brought back into the US after 68' would have an importers marking unless it went through the DCM?

The stock doesn't seem to have any real visible marks, but it almost looks like a RS in the cut out? What do you guys think?

Thanks.

(I'm a lefty)

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 01-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to Dump1567 For This Useful Post: