Hi Guys,
Just going through the FAC renewal process. Had a visit from my MET firearms officer yesterday. My firearms team is now very efficient, no waiting till the last minute, I put in my renewal for the begining of March last week.
The officer was very helpfull as usual and was quite happy with the L1A1, just wanted me to confirm that it was straight pull only.
There is however another problem in that the good reason to possess is now to be enforced as having shot every rifle on your Cert at least three times a year. This is a problem for such as I who have quite a lot of guns. The officer agreed that weapons over 100years old need only be used occasionally, also that rare and difficult to find parts for guns, such as the Enforcer should be also occasional use only, though this is at the discretion of the individual firearms officer.
Just thought I'd let people know since it may be a problem. So shoot all your 'modern' guns at least three times in the year before renewal, and have this recorded.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.