Hi there

I would appreciate your opinions on the following issue I have in trying to restore a Enfield marked CLLE Mk1*. Somewhre in the past the CLLE that I own has had its barrel cut down so that it is shorter than a SMLE barrel (about 1.5 - 2 inches shorter if I was to guess), but it still retains it original rear sight (not sure about the front sight though, as I can't seem to find much information on the type of front sight that they would have had).

Anyway, I have manged to aquire a NZicon range pattern rifle stock that has provision for a charger bridge, so I have used that stock on my existing CLLE for the time being (see photos).

My delema is as follows:

Do I replace the original, but shortened enfield barrel on the CLLE with another enfield marked barrel which I own (that has also been previously shortend to comply with range pattern specs) so that I will end up with a enfield marked CLLE in range pattern configuration, or should go the all out and replace the barrel with an original length MLE barrel (most likely BSA manufacture) and either get the stock lenghten or lengthen another cut down stock that I own?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.