Hello and thanks for having me on the forum!

I have an 1874 Enfield MH MKI/II which I got from IMA. The chamber is clean and the cartridges slide in nice and smooth but they won't eject at all unless I hold the rifle with the barrel pointed up and work the lever like I'm trying to break it off. It has the strengthened extractor but has never ejected a case while being held horizontal no matter how hard and fast I work the lever. Without a case in the chamber the extractor operates just as it should so I'm not sure why it won't actually extract. Am I just bending the extractor out of shape when I operate the lever with a case in there? No idea how to fix this.

Also, the block doesn't close all the way so I can always see the very top of the chamber hole or the cartridge base if it's loaded. Hasn't been a problem for the 20 rounds I put through it but it's not exactly right. Would like to fix that too.

FYI: IMA has no interest in helping me. Only quoted their policy about not shooting the rifle. Disappointing to say the least.

Any ideas, info, suggestions are welcomed!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.