I bought this Arisakaicon in 2010. I have only now figured out how to post pics on Milsurps. I bought this from a woman who's Dad was a Navy Seabee in WWII. She did not know much about the gun. She only knew it hung on her dad's wall above his bar in his basement since she was a little girl. I asked if she remembered any stories of his about the war. She said he seemed proud of working on an airstrip that, "Somebody Gay" took off from. It took me a second then asked, "Enola Gay" and she said it was something like that. So, my question is...is this T-99 old enough to have been on Tinian( most Seabees Bn's went on to other islands but) and is this a real "Duffle bag" cut? I've heard sometimes they are faked. I know I have no proof anyway. I only paid $300 for it, but it would be nice to think it possible. He also "carved" "screwdrivered" his initials in the buttplate, but why twice? Last name Miller so that was no help on Ancestry.com Any thought from the experts would be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.