[/IMG]
I e-mailed SRS on 11 January with a request for a serial number search for this 1939 M1903A1 NM rifle. I have yet to receive a response. The rifle showed up as a NM on the computerized SRS list and I would like to purchase a sales letter from SRS. I have e-mailed the SRS editor on three subsequent occasions and still not received a response. Last year I purchased a subscription to THE MARTIAL ARMS COLLECTOR so that I could buy sales letters on several of my '03s I know will letter. I can't figure out what is going on with SRS. After Frank Mallory died and SRS was sold the new buyer(s) eliminated the computerized list because the SRS sales information was printed and used without compensation. The price for a sales letters went way up. Fair enough. But now the computerized SRS site is gone AND SRS is non-responsive to serial number inquiries. I know some folks had success getting sales letters. I am willing to pay the going rate and wait a reasonable period for a response but I am really frustrated by a two-month plus wait for ANY response. What makes it worse is the fact that I know the rifle is in the SRS data base. Has anyone received a response to an SRS serial number request since January 1, 2009? If you have, could you give me the magic formula I need to follow to get SRS to return my e-mail? It is sad that the service Frank Mallory worked so hard to put together has degenerated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.