Not a good combo! Was walking in the creek after doing some trail cutting and had a minor tumble. Pistol got wet, not sure if it went all the way under, but as there was nothing to be done about it, we continued our journey to see if a suspected deep spot might be a nice little swimming hole. My usual, a S&W 940 9x19 revolver has been submerged in creeks several times with no drama, but this time is different.

Photo from 11 months previous, exactly! The event occurred in this area, but the water's a bit higher now.

Upon returning to the vehicle, the Government Model was pulled from it's M12 flap holster, cleared, and checked. Quite soggy still even after a couple of hours.

The surprise was the white crust that had formed on the lightweight Dlask trigger! Especially heavy at the periphery and was trying to freeze up the works. (No camera today, as I knew that a soaking was quite likely.) Did a quick spray with some gun oil, but I'm thinking this trigger is going to have to go. It's been fine for about ten years but hasn't seen such conditions before today.

The victim. The trigger looked to be coated with that powdered sugar found on those tiny doughnut facsimiles...

Will probably round up a factory stainless trigger and add the trigger stop.

Just FYI...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.