My dad gifted his sporterized Enfield Long Branch No. 4 Mk I* .303 to my best friend, I want to purchase some goodies for him and have some questions. My buddy would like the option of attaching a scope (NO drilling) for long range shots but still be able to load using stripper clips.

I saw a bolt-on "side mount" scope base online a while ago (can't remember where & can't find them now), are they still available for the LB No.4 Mk I*'s ? If installed on the LB No. 4 Mk I*? Will it allow use of stripper clips if installing a "long" traditional -sized scope? Where can I purchase the mount?

Are there any "standard" scope mount packages that DON'T require drilling and allow for stripper clip use?

Are there "scout scope" mounts available for the Enfield Long Branch No. 4 Mk I* that do NOT require drilling and still permit use of stripper clips? Where can I find them?

As for scopes: Which would be better for fast "target acquisition", a short Red-Dot-style scope or the "long" traditional-style?

I know that there are hundreds of threads here on the scope mounts for Enfield Riflesicon but I haven't found any that address the exact requirements mentioned above. Some manufacturers have gone "out of business", others have "discontinued" items, and still a few have items on "backorder" with no date when they'll be "in stock" as result of the "run on guns" here in the USAicon after a few isolated but well publicized "incidents" of violence. Any assistance will be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.