Quote Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
As far as I am aware these 8mm conversions went into guns with out any modification to the gun and I never received a complaint about not fitting or functioning.
What did people use for magazines to feed the 8mm ammo.....those who got your sets??

I know of no other magazine that will hold and properly feed 8mm ammo except for the std CZ Vz.26/30 mags?? I have one of those barrels too. My problem is my original Daimler Mk II .303 receiver will need to be slightly relief cut at the very back of the mag well to allow the Vz26/30 mags to fit down into the rear of the well, and then lock into place.

Even more problematical, is that there are well known differences in 7.92x57MM JS ammo produced "to military acceptance standards" up to 1945, and after. The older made ammo is markedly shorter in cartridge OAL specs, enough that trying to stuff more modern manufactured 8mm ammo, say the Romanian 8mm for this discussion, into a WWII or earlier made CZ Vz. 26/30 or Inglis made 8mm magazine doesn't necessarily work...at all.

This situation is the norm for all std .303 receivers, I believe. So, unless you are starting with an original 8mm receiver, or can make the needed accommodations when you put back together a cut receiver, I am not sure how you feed the gun 8mm ammo?

-TomH