Hi everyone! I picked this Inland dated 7-43 up in December at a local gun store. Was there to buy a Hungarianicon FEG AK47 with a long gas tube/thumbhole stock (kind of an oddball combo) but saw this for a little bit more money and had to have it. My dad qualified on one in the Air Force in the 60s and we've both been looking for one since

My understanding, looking at the features, is that it was a post war refurb. The gun is pretty clean though the finish is a bit worn on slide as can be seen, stock was perfect until I put a tiny mark in it putting the front band back on (stupid me). Came with what I believe is an original sling/oiler and magazine pouch (need to look back at them for the dates), 2 USGI 15 round mags (one in good condition, one that's been to hell and back but works) and 1 USGI 30 rounder (fair to good shape, works perfectly) along with a bunch of ammo (about 100-150 rounds Aguila, 50 rounds PPU JSP, 40 rounds Federal SP). I've taken it to the range a couple times since getting it, ultimately put a surplus recoil spring in the gun and USGI spring in the 15 rounders to get it shooting like new and love it.

What I want to be sure of is that if I shoot it and put a nick in the stock or scratch on it or something, I won't ruin the value of it. I plan to use it for shoots locally as unless the theme of the month (based on different historic events/nationalities) dictates it, my SKS and bolt guns are too heavy for me to use for the standing round. While not super competitive I'd at least want something I'm comfortable with.

Stock is stamped SA for Springfield, trigger group is BE-B for IBM. More than half of the parts I've looked at though appear to be Inland. The hand guard does have a hairline crack inside that runs the length of it but I figure a little wood glue should clean that up, right?

I'll be honest I didn't research a whole lot before buying but the condition seemed pretty good to me, had no import markings, and up until this one I'd only been seeing them at gunshows and auctions where I am hesitant to spend big money. I originally wasn't planning to shoot it much as for me right now close to a grand was a lot to drop on a gun but I love it and if it's a garden variety refurb unless I trash it (not going to happen, obviously) one or two little marks from use isn't going to really hurt the value will it?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.