I realize there is a shortage of good shootable .303 ball ammo. Years ago I bought a case of very high quality Winchestr 174 gr. .303 Britishicon ball. It's in plain white boxes and I suspect probably made for some overseas contract. It is very high quality stuff.

Today I got around to taking my No. 4 Mk 2 to the range to check its zero on an SR target. I started by putting a sillouette up at 200 yards. The Winchester was dead on with the battle sight at that range. I had brought a box of S&B 180 gr. FMJ. it also was "minute of chest" with a center mass hold at 200 yards with the battle sight.

Next I set the sight on what I had estimated would be zero with a 6"0'clock hold at 200 yards on the SR target. I fired 5 rounds of the winchester and thought I had held the 10 ring with all 5. When I inspected the target two shots that I had thought had cut the 10 ring line were just out. Group size was 6 1/2 inches which meant the rifle is more than capable of holding the 10 ring with me shooting it if I do my part with the Winchester ammo. I then loaded 6 rounds of the S&B. It shot to exactly the same point as the Winchester. Once again the group was 6 1/2 inches at 200 yards, exactly the same as the Winchester.

I recently bought the S&B for $16.00 for 20 rounds. I have a box of Privi Partisan 174 gr FMJ BT that I'll try next but the S&B looks like very good ammo for the money to me and shoots to about the same point as the Winchester which I assume is loaded to Mk VII spec.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.