HI all, I have a couple of questions on my new deact 1939 Enfield Bren that I’ve just picked up.

First of all the barrel’s been rubbed down in a few spots to bare metal, no idea why this is the case, but I guess need to get some blue to try and match the original finish so it’s not so horribly obvious. I’ve no experience with this sort of work so wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction. Especially with a manufacture and place to purchase it from here in the UKicon. Fortunately its localised on the rear of the barrel to the area in the photo

Secondly, I’ve noticed it has the usual ’39 Enfield inspection mark, but also in the same area it has a Crown E over 7D ’40 mark. Would this have been an indication that it had been reworked in 1940, possibly post BEF use, or just that it perhaps didn’t make it out of the factory in 39. Its an A series serial number, so early 39 manufacture

Thanks to all and sorry for the lousy photos

.Attachment 76476Attachment 76477
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.