Hi Gang,

I'm looking for the knife experts out there to let me know if I found a real M3 knife or if I purchased a repro.

The little research I was able to find focused on the number of pins in the pommel (2 for a real one, 1 for a repro), the lack of "periods" in the "US M3" marking on the guard, and finally the fact that "Camillus" is of smaller size than "US M3" on guard.

As to the scabbard, I know there was a period when the military went from the M8 to the M8A1 that the scabbard and webbing was made to the M8A1 specifications, but marked M8. I've tried to take pictures of all significant markings in the hopes that they will show if it's real or fake, and how it might relate to the guard marked knife (which I believe was done at the end of the knife's run before the M4 bayonet came into play).

Thanks in advance for your help. If there's something I haven't taken a picture of that would be helpful, please let me know and I'll try to post it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.