So I'm perusing Texas gun trader the other night and I see a M1903a3 for $725. Because I've long wanted one of these and because I almost always see beater 1903's for $1000+ I click on the link thinking it'll be a quick pass. The pics look good so I contact the guy thinking it's a repro built on the reconditioned old drill rifle receivers with the 2 groove barrels. Nope. Guy says it's an original Remington and has a 4 groove barrel. So I take a trip out to look the rifle over and as soon as he starts to pull it out and i see how clean it is I think to myself, "unless there is something seriously wrong with this gun I'm taking it." The thing practically pristine with an impeccable (S stock) stock. The finish is well preserved, and while obviously sanded down and refinished you can still see the original cartouche marks. And the barrel and chamber are very clean... The guy (at least in his 70's) says he's had it in a closet for awhile and has only shot it a handful of times. Turns out he's selling off his collection cuz his sons aren't interested. I ended up giving him $700 for it and while everyone tells me that's market price, when I do see 1903's they're always beaters at around $1000, so I'm happy.

After dry firing it some it's got a pretty nice trigger overall. Very little take up and suprisingly light... That isn't to say it's light by today's standards. But compared to my Lee-Enfield and M48 it's very light. Better even than the stock trigger on my M4.

I'm thinking about converting it to an faux-a4, but as well preserved as this is maybe not.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.