I don't mean to stir the pot but I just read the thread about cops and wish to say my piece. In my humble opinion:

1. Most cops are good people doing a tough job with little or no respect
2. Unfortunatly there are too many that once they pin on that badge are infected with the {I'm a little god complex} This happens too often in small towns. In my community a normal traffic stop usually has at least 3 cars and up to 6 officers responding. The attitude usually is {You WILL OBEY because I'm an officer of the law}.That is my small community not all.
3. I treat all officers with the respect they show me. If they are polite I respond in the same manner. If they are not polite I still try to remain polite and ask for their supervisors name and make a report to said supervisor. If they are very impolite I do tend to get short with them and tell them to write the ticket so I can be on my way.
4.I have found that most officers from state police units are very polite and professional the key word being MOST. I have also found that a large percentage of LEO's in small towns seem to have the god complex. It's unfortunate.
5. Last but not least I wish to thank all the GOOD COPS for a job well done.On the other hand A HUGE SHAME ON YOU goes out to those that should have never had a badge issued to them.

One last note I apologize to all the good cops here for the bashing they did not deserve.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.