I've been collecting Firearms for a very long time, I started a Rest of World Collection, branched into Mausers, these days Enfields.
As a Collector/Dealer, I passed a lot of fine rifles on, my Mauser collection or part thereof, went to flesh out an old Army mates collection.
He lived in the Blue Mountains, subject to regular Bushfires, and....you guessed it, lost the lot.

Well as I was downsizing my lot, I fleshed him out again....only to have him lose that lot in another fire about ten years later.
He finally got smart and retired to the mid north coast area, so I sourced another lot for him, things looked pretty good, but I did say to him "next time it happens, I'm writing you up"
well you guessed it, done again.....bloody loser, maybe if he'd collected the winning sides firearms he might have had better luck.

Now my Mauser Collection is down to about twenty five, some very valuable bits among them and guess who's pressuring me again, he knows I'm thinking of downsizing again due to being bloody old....do you know how long it takes to clean a couple of hundred rifles?

I'm thinking no, unless he buys a large houseboat and parks it in the middle of a bloody big lake....no and definitely no.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.