Quote Originally Posted by Alan de Enfield View Post
According to my Records it was sold by Brian in 2009, it then went to Florida and in 2018 was sold to you.

Towards the end of the contract Parker Hale were unable to source any more barrelled actions from RoF Enfield and had to source 'pre-used' action on the open market and build them up as Enforcers.

Depending on what they could get hold off depended on what was used as the 'base' for the Enforcer.
Not only Savage were used, but some Long Branch as well.

At the end of the day the Police did not order the agreed amount and the remaining stock went off to auction where it was split into several 'lots' of which Charnwood bought a high percentage.

I was talking with a RFD (Registered Firearm Dealer) and he had bought a new 'Gun Shop' in the NE of Englandicon, on starting to clear up and take stock of what he has he found a 'back room' that was 'full' of several dozen Enforcer barrelled actions and complete sets of furniture, sights etc. The previous shop owner had bought them at the Parker Hale clearance auction.

Add those to the other known 'unbuilt' Enforcers and you wonder what the actual numbers of Enforcers there are.

Long Branch Enforcer & Savage (767) Enforcer.
This is the same info that I have gathered as well. It's also interesting to note that mine and the long branch pictured were never scrubbed of original issued markings. The general consensus is that 134 were unfinished and they were in varying stages of completion, but almost all were barreled action form. The long branch pictured being the only exception I've come across.