I am curious. I need to ask, cos I have no answer.

For a while there has been something listed that online auction site.

It is just something that I have never seen before.

Attachment 107878

These are listed as leather for the butt trap.

Original WWII vintage leather stock wads for the Britishicon and Canadianicon No. 4 Lee Enfield Rifleicon. These are the leather washers that slide down the hole in the buttstock and rest on top of the stock bolt. They cushion and muffle the sound of the Oiler and clean out. They are about 3/16" thick heavy leather and most have the Broad Arrow military acceptance stamp and some have a small C that encircles the Broad Arrow for Canadian Army. There are at least two different types of Broad Arrow stamps on these, some have a tiny double arrow, some a large single arrow. These came out of large box Replacement Walnut Buttstocks for the No. 4 Mk I Rifle, all with Long Branch Arsenal (CANADA) markings---so I can only guess that they came out of the same Arsenal.

I have found and picked up lots of long branch stuff over the years. The only time that I have seen anything like these was the dross from a wad punch in the bottom of leather worker's scrap box.

Surely, Long Branch never used these?

If you installed one in a rifle and pushed it to the bottom of the hole, how the heck would you ever remove it to access the stock bolt?
A leather washer washer the prescribed part, a washer rather than a disc so that hook can be used to reach down and get a hold at the hole to pull it out. That is something impossible to do with these ones.

Ah, but I should never say never with an Enfield!

I just wondered if anybody has bought one and installed it?? ??????
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.