Threaded View

Last On
    05-23-2024 @ 04:22 PM
    Local Date
    05-28-2024
    Local Time
    03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chadwick View Post
    The No.7 has been to Germanyicon before going to the USAicon.The marking is from the importer:

Waffen Wagner, Metzelstraße 1, 54290 Trier
    Tel. +49 651 42754

As German gun dealers are required by law to keep a logbook of all transactions involving licensed weapons, and - as far as I know - without any expiry date, it might be possible - if you contact them and can demonstrate that you are the bona-fide owner - to discover when the rifle was imported by them/exported to the USA.

Worth an E-mail enquiry, surely?
    The rifle is still in Germany. Wagner was the original German Importer. I purchased it from a German dealer, whom I also purchased a Steyr Cadet Portuguese 1948 conversion from an 1898. Only 4,000 1898 were made. Along with 4,000 1896. Seems 2,000 total were converted to .22. Found an old John Wall post about them. It is also all matching, but a whole lot less expensive. I have been importing firearms from Germany, Finland, and Canadaicon for the last couple years. A lot more in 2021 than previous years.

The circle of handguns is my last Finnishicon Import from a couple weeks ago. Except for the Colt 1911 and Remington Rand 1911a1 those I had already.

Prices in America have forced me to look elsewhere, but some items you just can not find in America period. One example is Uruguayan Mausers. Frankonia bought them all from Uruguay.
    Last edited by capt14k; 06-02-2021 at 03:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to capt14k For This Useful Post: