They are all Germanicon technically but a lot of those around today were transferred to Turkeyicon which is what I have already. This one was missing from my collection, a non-transferred 88. All matching down to the screws but was missing the bolt head and the firing pin was clipped so those two items do not match.

I "took" before photos and "after" photos with my brand new camera yesterday and this morning only to realize that the camera card was not in it and it left me do all this without warning me. The joys of learning a new camera. So before photos do not exist. Just take my word that it looked worse. It had varnish all over the wood and much of the metal.

Got it cheap, pulled the bolt head and firing pin out of another I have that will never be fired until I can get other replacements. Almost no pitting along the wood line and what little there is is very light. No rust under the wood. Bore is dark with strong rifling. Shroud comes off easily and no rust under it. Barrel is bright and shiny, no finish at all on it. It remains an ugly rifle however. Rust staining on exposed metal. I could polish off the receiver as it was in the white but leaving it alone for now. Repro sling on the way. Cleaning rod is original.

I gave it my usual deep cleaning and rust removal and these are the actual after shots:

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.