I have an FN produced Peruvianicon M35 short rifle that I'm considering having the barrel replaced on. I'm not sure if these rifles used the same barrel, contour / dimensions / thread wise, as a 98K (it looks very much like one) or if they were completely different. Several companies produce new production 98K barrels in 30-06 and I was interested in using one of these if they would fit the receiver as well as stock, hand guard and front sight parts. I'm basically looking for a drop in barrel that wouldn't require any additional modifications to the original parts of the rifle outside putting on the new barrel if that exists.

The rifle I have was converted to 30-06 while in Peruvian service but the barrel is pretty worn. and the bolt closes on a field head space gauge. My barrel was one of those that was bored / reamed to accept the 30-06 cartridge and not replaced by FN with a newly produced 30-06 barrel as many were. I was planning to keep it in 30-06 since the receiver bridge and stock are stamped ".30" and to avoid any confusion about what it's chambered to shoot.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Stretch