I used a few SARCO kits to build up stripped receivers from CMPicon about 6 years ago, when my DCM-era parts stash started getting thin. I did not use their wood, or their barrels. The kits satisfied my need, which was to build rifles that function well and will shoot a score. Don't expect collector-grade original parts. On the 03A3, expect to get some repro parts. IIRC, the barrel bands, rear sight assembly, and trigger guard/magazine assembly were pretty definitely repros, but I thought good quality. Also expect to do some hand-fitting, just like they had to do with the original rifles when they were made.

This one of the 03A3's that I did. I know you can't see much detail. The barrel is a 98-cent DCM two-groove, the stock I think came from Numerich.

And this is the first target fired with the rifle, which turns out to be pretty typical, except that the groups are now centered since I tuned the front sight height.

YMMV. Remember that this was six years ago. The glut of '03's and 03A3's on the market since then has pretty much depleted the ready availability of good parts. I haven't needed to purchase any 03 or 03A3 parts since then, so I am not a good source for the latest market conditions.

Resp'y,
Bob S.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.